carterandhaines.co.uk put small files (known as 'cookies') onto your computer that may collect information about how you browse the site and enable certain features to work.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs;
- remember the notifications you've seen so that we don't show them to you again.
carterandhaines.co.uk cookies aren't used to identify you personally. You'll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer. Find out more about how to manage cookies.
How cookies are used on carterandhaines.co.uk
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website. This website will, when and if applicable:
- remember what is in your shopping basket; remember where you are in the order process;
- remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure.
You need to be logged in to complete an order. The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use carterandhaines.co.uk. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on carterandhaines.co.uk and how long you spend on each page;
- how you got to the site;
- what you click on while you're visiting the site.
We don't allow Google to use or share our analytics data. You can find out more about Google's position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
You can opt-out of Google Analytics cookies.
Our introductory message
You may see a pop-up welcome message when you first visit carterandhaines.co.uk. We'll store a cookie so that your computer knows you've seen it and knows not to show it again.